Are you worried on how to sell your house quickly without any hassle?
In this article I’ll dive into some ways you can start to look at to sell your local house more quickly.
There are lots of reasons people need to sell their house fast.
For instance, some of these reasons may include:
- need to relocate to another city because of a job change
- vacant property is being a burden on you
- financial hardship
- you inherited a house that you don’t want to keep
- … among other reasons for needing to sell your house
- So, if you’re looking to sell your local house fast (which who wants to sell their house slowly anyway?)… check out some of my tips below in this quick article.
Leverage The Web To Get The Word Out
Stats have shown that over 80% of house buyers go to the web first to research and find houses.
So if your house isn’t on the web… how are buyers going to find out about your house?
- There are lots of ways to get your house online. You can list it on websites like Zillow, redfin, Craigslist… or even setup your own website for the property.
- Then, take that property listing and get it everywhere online that you can. List it on all of the classifieds websites (again, Craigslist, Backpage, etc.).
- Total Cost: FREE – Cheap (most routes are free, but some of these sites have paid versions)
- Use Facebook To Spread The Word About Your Columbus House For Sale
One of the best ways to sell a house is through word of mouth.
- Tell all of your friends and family that you’re selling… and have them tell everyone they know.
- Also, hop on your Facebook account and share the property listing with your friends and ask them to spread the word for you to all of their friends who may be interested. What you need to do is simply send your link to your Facebook friends.
- There may be a person in dire need of a house. Besides, you may also get a friend who may link you up with a buyer. The importance of using Facebook over other social networks is that it is free and you only need to be connected to the internet in your computer.
Total Cost: FREE
Use of Local Dailies (Newspapers, Magazines, etc.)
One of the things we’ll do whenever we need to sell a house fast is also get our property in the local newspaper. It gets your house in front of lots of people… and one place lots of buyers look for houses is in the “homes for sale” section of the paper. Put your phone number… a link to your online listing if you have one… a picture (ads with pictures get many many more responses than ads without the picture of the house).
Add in a few of the best parts about your house… the price… and end with a clear call to action on how they can setup a time to come check your house out.
Total Cost: Under $100
Get Your House On The Local MLS
The number one place buyers look for a house is the “multiple listing service”. That’s the fancy name for where houses go when real estate agents “list” a house.
A listing for your house will go into a central database that all local real estate agents in our area will have access to… so they can bring their buyers to the houses on the MLS that fit what they’re looking for.
You can get your house on the MLS without hiring a real estate agent to sell your house. Some agents will let you pay a few hundred bucks to just list your house on the MLS for you and take no commission on the sale.